THE CHARTER OF FUNDAMENTAL RIGHTS OF THE EUROPEAN UNION IN PRACTICE: Paris, 21-22 November 2013: invitation
I hope this finds you well.
With the cooperation of the European Commission, ERA has been selected to organise a series with the aim of bringing the CFR EU closer to European legal practitioner. We are currently organising a seminar entitled “The Charter of Fundamental Rights of the European Union in Practice: Training Seminar for (Administrative) Judges”. It will take place in Paris on 21-22 November 2013 in French in cooperation with and at the premises of theConseil d’État. This seminar will deal with the scope and application of the CFR EU as well as demonstrating the interpretation, applicability and relevance in the domestic legal order. Participants will also receive instruction on the relationship of the CFR EU to other international human rights instruments such as the ECHR as well as national human rights provisions.
The seminar is addressed to 50 judges (30 from France and 20 from other Member States but with a particular emphasis being placed on the judges participating from Belgium, Germany, Italy, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Portugal and Spain). It can be also open to judges from other Member States in case there are not enough judges in the mentioned countries.
I would like to kindly ask you, if you find this project interesting, to send me your name and contact and/or to forward this invitation to your colleagues who might be also interested. Deadline for applications has been prolonged till September 27th 2013.
Administrative judges are preferred. We will inform about the formal selection in the week following the deadline.
EU CHARTER OF FUNDAMENTAL RIGHTS IN PRACTICE
- Paris, 21-22 November
- a formal selection will take place (criteria: previous participation, capacity, first come first served principal)
- fee: EUR 0,-
- travel reimbursed up to EUR 250,- (not valid for FR participants)
- accommodation for 2 nights paid for by ERA (not valid for FR participants); participants will book their rooms themselves and will be reimbursed up to EUR 150 afterwards
- further services offered by ERA: conference documents, coffee breaks, lunch and dinner
- deadline for applying: September 27th 2013
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me
Thanks for your cooperation.